Security Guard who makes up policy as he goes

Thanks for posting the video. I've never been harassed or seen someone being harassed for taking photos, but it really is ridiculous how authority figures try and make up laws/policies. I was hoping that the man that said that the security officer told him he'd call the police would have asked him to do so.

THAT must have been pretty awkward.

Amtrak spokesperson: Yes, you are allowed to take photos.
Security guard: No photography allowed.
Amtrak spokesperson: Oh, ok. Wait a minute ... aren't I like your boss?
Security guard: I cannot answer your question.

Yah.......this seems to be happening in both UK and US - not heared anything much from Eurpoe as a whole though so it seems that its just our two nations with this strange policy.
I wonder if they go to the same training camp - or better where security forces are getting these prompts to stop photographers -- I wonder if they have targets and pay bonuses for stopping photographers?

Wow, very interesting. I liked the part with that security guard. It made the security there look like idiots..

I feel so safe knowing a guard with bright plumage will hover over me with a clipboard asking me what my astrological sign and favorite movies are while a real potential "terrorista" ; will clandestinely be walking with a duffel bag over one shoulder thats housing a camera and firing off shots remotely with his hand in his pocket, or using an m8 with a "fake" family looking like tourists while dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and wearing a "vote for Pedro" mustache...

The guy (me) wearing a shirt that says "I'm with stupid" , DJ headphones, and a ridiculously heavy camera, lens hood, and battery grip who is making gorilla like noises while looking at his LCD screen every 10 seconds, is the one they will "catch"

I mean if I was at least wearing that scarf from starbucks commercial then I would understand the scare... Lol....

gheeesh...

(on a sidenote, we should all but those scarfs..)

Haha
I cant tell you why your not allowed
haha

I feel so safe knowing a guard with bright plumage will hover over me with a clipboard asking ...

Yeah, go ahead and laugh now. But, ya know, when it comes down to it, and the world's all crazy and everything, I bet that guy in the flourescent orange vest wouldn't be so funny if he were wearing a clown suit!

Those idiots are still at it? The person in charge out there said that the security people were in the wrong and would all be re-trained...that was about a month ago. This is a constant on going issue. Union Station is public property for the most part, with the exception of the stores out there. The security guards are harrassing photographers out there.

One went so far as to tell some one with a Nikon DSLR that professional cameras and photography is not allowed without a permit and that she had a professional camera...this was after the "retraining".

If anyone's interested in the ongoing issue, a good bit of info can be found in the threads here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/dcphotorights/

Video is no longer up. Do you have another link for it? Maybe youtube?

Ill try to find it.. a quick search didnt turn any results, anyone else who saw this 11 days ago have any leads ?

Most reactions

Back