See?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
See what I managed to capture with my "tourist's snapper" (as my son deprecatingly called my compact digital camera to which I am now reduced since the SLR - for film - decided to play dead on me :( )?

a1_65_Libelle.jpg

I am not precisely UNHAPPY about this one...

Now, however, I think I should have walked a bit more over to the left to get the dragonfly's body right over a patch of BLUE of the reflected sky in the water in the background, the reflected tree is quite distracting, isn't it?

Ooops, wrong forum! This is Critique!
I can't give you any technical details, though :shock: :(
And I have already begun to critisize my own composition... you can go from there or someone must come and shift this to the General Gallery... Ooops :blushing:

And I have already begun to critisize my own composition... you can go from there or someone must come and shift this to the General Gallery... Ooops :blushing:

Done. :D

LaFoto said:
Now, however, I think I should have walked a bit more over to the left to get the dragonfly's body right over a patch of BLUE of the reflected sky in the water in the background, the reflected tree is quite distracting, isn't it?

I really like the photo, but agree with you about the angle of the compostion.

Thank you, to both of you, Terri for moving this from Critique over to here, and Geronimo for commenting.

The thing about this particular photo is that I was struggling like crazy with both the sun on my display and the autofocus to finally focus where I wanted it!!! I was practically "blind", in so far as the sun was so on the display that I hardly saw what I was photographing. Under that aspect, I was not too unhappy at the outcome when I saw my swamp pics (and this is just one of them, and so are the dramatic skies, by the way) on the computer afterwards. Therefore at the time of taking this photo, composition was somewhere in the background... heehee. Should be in "Snapshots" therefore, eh? Anyone around to MOVE this :D :lol: ???

Is the dragonfly maybe a smidge over exposed? But as you say the conditions for the photo were far less than ideal, so we'll let it fly this time ;) no pun intended. On the the whole thats pretty cool though LaFoto, I'm never quick enough to catch dragonflies in my viewfinder so well done in that respect as well. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back