Selective Colour

TBaraki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.talkbass.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey. This is my first attempt at seletive colouring. I shot a roll of B&W and added colour via PS. I plan on doing the reverse next: shoot colour and desaturate all but the subject. I expect to get much better results that way.

flower2.jpg

grasshopper3.jpg

All feedback welcome!

TBaraki said:
Hey. This is my first attempt at seletive colouring. I shot a roll of B&W and added colour via PS. I plan on doing the reverse next: shoot colour and desaturate all but the subject. I expect to get much better results that way.

flower2.jpg

grasshopper3.jpg

All feedback welcome!

Cool shots. I dig the grasshopper!!

may i ask how you do selective colouring.. do you take the colour picture and mask it off in ps as black and white?... .or?

thanks, shaun

wow! really like the first one! :thumbup:
the second ones nice too.

laura

The first one with the flower looks great! It's plain and simple yet colour adds the little something that makes me look just a while longer.

Im not sure how he did it(it looks great by the way), but heres how i do it...

Create a channel mixer layer
Click Monochrome
Make sure black is the color selected...
use a small brush to paint the desired object
although you picked black, it will paint the color back onto the subject.
you have to zoom in close for best results.

I did mine in a much more crude way. I shot a roll of black and white. In PS I zoomed in really close and added the colour to the photos using the airbrush. I'll have to try your method next time! :D

PS, thanks mods, for moving this.

the grasshooper is cool! If it was in full-colours, we would be likely to miss it in a crowd of other things around, in the background!!! :D

Most reactions

Back