Selective Transparency

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do I make certain portions of an image in CS2 transparent? I just want certain images in my website to show the background through them. Any help appreciated, I know we have some photoshop masters on here.

There are about 850 ways to do it... depends on what you are working with. Is it from scratch, is it an existing photo?

One simple way is to go to the Photoshop Help menu. from the Help menu, select Export Transparent Image... the Export Transparent Image Wizard will walk you through it.

I'm actually making a background that would go behind something like a navigation menu. I want to have little "spikes" coming out of it. (The brushes are called fractals) Jagged looking points. I want those to remain but without any white behind it, just the background showing through. :) Thanks.

Okay... so the way I mentioned above will work, or you could select the area you want to be solid, leave out the area you want transparent. Then copy it. Go to File >> New and select transparent for the background. Paste.

Let me know if you need any help.

Dewey

Thanks man, sure is nice to have an "Adobe Certified Expert" on the bored. How did you go about becoming one of those anyways? Always intrigued me. :)

LOL... it's nothing exciting you just take some exams on the products. My day job is as an Adobe trainer, so it's just something neat to add to my business card really. I learned more about the Adobe products through self teaching than through any classes I've taken.

The coolest thing about my day job is seeing what Adobe has planned for the furture... we get to see what's in the works before it's officially released.

While I can't confirm anything about Adobe's CS3 I can say it kicks much butt over CS2... some very cool new features that directly deal with camera RAW... maybe... perhaps...

dewey said:
LOL... it's nothing exciting you just take some exams on the products. My day job is as an Adobe trainer, so it's just something neat to add to my business card really. I learned more about the Adobe products through self teaching than through any classes I've taken.

The coolest thing about my day job is seeing what Adobe has planned for the furture... we get to see what's in the works before it's officially released.

While I can't confirm anything about Adobe's CS3 I can say it kicks much butt over CS2... some very cool new features that directly deal with camera RAW... maybe... perhaps...

:bouncy:

Neat!

But we didn't hear it from you...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back