Self made engagement pictures

edouble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I attempted to take our own engagement pictures. I found it very difficult and I felt unable to take decent pictures! My camera was mounted on my tripod and that kept me from being creative with camera angles. We are going to try the shoot again in a couple weeks. Hopefully now that I have this first experience the next time will be better.

Please C&C!

5019201286_0c00c6f695_b.jpg

I wish I wouldnt have chopped off my head and hand.
5018594551_2b1fb00280_b.jpg

5019200022_a2e77d45c1_b.jpg

5018637919_a5c3b941b5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on what tripod you have why are you limited to no creative camera angles?

I think this endeavor turned out very nicely. To me the focuse looks spot on. A little shadowing in number 2 along the young woman's nose (left side) But all in all these turn out great for being "un-manned" camera shots.

Also at least since you are doing them your self it should be fairly easy for schedule a re-shoot should you want one.

Again nice work, #2 is my favorite.

Also ~ Congratulations as well.

Depending on what tripod you have why are you limited to no creative camera angles?

I think this endeavor turned out very nicely. To me the focuse looks spot on. A little shadowing in number 2 along the young woman's nose (left side) But all in all these turn out great for being "un-manned" camera shots.

Also at least since you are doing them your self it should be fairly easy for schedule a re-shoot should you want one.

Again nice work, #2 is my favorite.

Also ~ Congratulations as well.

Thank you. With the camera mounted on the tripod I wasn't able to easily move around changing camera angles. Also Erin had to stand still in the camera frame while I adjusted exposure settings. Then I would jump into the frame and remotely fire the shutter.

My feelings will not be hurt if you do not like them!! Please post a comment :hug::

Last edited:
Lol.. thats a spammer.. see the link underneath his posts. Ignore him!

#1 needs to be centered. The lighting is too powerfull I think. Your shirt is blown a little.
#2 Heads got cut off. Look at your hand around her. Dont you think it looks weird?
3&4 nice... I think because you are holding the camera LOL

You dont have a photographer friend to help? Even just a friend, the should be able to take good photos if you set the setting and tell them how to focus.

#1 needs to be centered. The lighting is too powerfull I think. Your shirt is blown a little.
#2 Heads got cut off. Look at your hand around her. Dont you think it looks weird?
3&4 nice... I think because you are holding the camera LOL

You dont have a photographer friend to help? Even just a friend, the should be able to take good photos if you set the setting and tell them how to focus.

Yes, I had stated in my post that I had cut my head and hand off in the photo, oops.

Thanks for your comments.

One more bump for comments.....

The kissing/ring shot is cute. Congratulations on the engagement!

I like number 3

I could of sworn #2 looked different the day I looked at it??? If it did I liked it the first time better.

Interesting composition ideas, however I am not too sure about the overall quality. They kind of look like snap shots rather than professional portraits with thought out lighting. Congratulation to both of you though! :thumbup:

Interesting composition ideas, however I am not too sure about the overall quality. They kind of look like snap shots rather than professional portraits with thought out lighting. Congratulation to both of you though! :thumbup:

How do you think I can make them look more like professional portraits thann snap shots?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back