Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
headshot-2_edited-1.jpg

self-1.jpg

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments?

Thanks for looking

Your avatar is misleading. I don't want to see any hair where there shouldn't be any!

In the second one, you kinda remind me of Rake from Jackass/CKY/Viva La Bam.

C'mon people....I didn't think these were too bad. I was using the first one as a headshot for an on-line service and was considering the second as an avatar.

Your avatar is misleading. I don't want to see any hair where there shouldn't be any!

The hair is where it should be. The hair is not where it shouldn't be.

You're over my head on that one. Sorry, I haven't seen the movies (?).

Mannnn.... when you told me you were old I was visualizing a grandpa!

It still amazes me how people can take such amazing self portraits.. definately jealous ;) I think they're great!!!

in the first one, your eyes look out of focus, but otherwise i like it. i love seeing people's actual faces after just knowing them by their avatar for so long..

I totally thought that as soon as I saw the picture! lol

I like the second one though, looks like you are deep in thought.

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments?

Wear a paper bag next time! :biglaugh:

#1. The light in the first one doesn't add/create any depth or feel or character to the image, it looks bland and almost over exposed. It's out of focus around the eyes, it seems to have locked a 1/2 inch in front of your eyes as the lips and beard seem sharper, also . There is no definition/seperation between the chin, the jaw bone and the neck, try standing off square to the camera and look back to it while altering the height of the camera too. The facial expression tells nothing of the person in the picture, it's not a passport photo (is it?) so what about taking your face off square to the camera and just let your eyes look straight in to it? The skin tones & hair colour don't contrast well from the background colours, probably where the bland feel is coming from.

#2. Nice shot. Lovely vivid contrasting colours.
I do think though that this shot would have benefitted very well from a white or gold reflector at your left hand directing light up under your hat. It's just a little bit too dark under there so a reflector would have brightened it up gently but retained the nice lines of the sunlight.

Zada: Thanks, you've made my day. Especially on this particular day.

Shorty: Thanks. I screwed the eyes up.

Lifeafter2am: Trust me, there's absolutely no deep thought happening.

Nossie: Thanks for your observations and feedback. That's the sort of info I need/want. The self's are difficult for me to hit. This was the first time I tried to work on the eyes. I was able to remove the red roadmaps, remove some of the bags, but my dodging/burning attempts to brighten the eyes went awry and I have yet gotten to adjust skin tone other than small tweaks through levels and curves.

Oh and for the comment below:
Wear a paper bag next time! :biglaugh:

PUCKER UP MATE
DSC_7977_edited-1.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

nice butt!

and happy birthday!

Most reactions

Back