self portrait and re-done foto

wclement7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
first one is a self portrait for my class at school. kinda "dark" mostly trying to go for some meaning to it. I am posting it here also for the fact that many people dislike the "super fotochoppoing" i personally love dabbling in it so it shows through in a lot of my fotos... well here you go!
willie.jpg

this one is one i had posted on here before. i have re-done it now for another project that we were trying to show "surrealism", and again lots and lots of fotochop... let me know what you think. it is greatly appreciated. i do have think skin so hit me with it all!
williebehlingsbutterfly-1.jpg

thanks again!

I like the 1st one... makes my mind work, make up stories and wonder about it. (I think it'd look better without the goo on the nose, leaving the rest... just seems like a bit over done and gives a "clown nose" effect", IMHO)

The 2nd one... I find it interesting, but I don't understand why you put the butterfly next to the spot... if it's such a 'chopped image, why not get rid of that?

Really fine #1 interesting but wish the midtones were a bit pumped up. I'm a lover of chopped images.

#2 I want to see that face a bit more clearly. I had to look too hard to see it.

thanks for the replys!
\
The 2nd one... I find it interesting, but I don't understand why you put the butterfly next to the spot... if it's such a 'chopped image, why not get rid of that?

is the "spot" you are talking about the shadow? If so i added it to still give is some sort of real feeling. No shadow looks weird to me.

thanks again for the replys!

original-
spotlight-2.jpg

boosted whites-
williebehlingsbutterflyboostedwhite.jpg

is the "spot" you are talking about the shadow? If so i added it to still give is some sort of real feeling. No shadow looks weird to me.

Yeah, I meant the shadow. It seems out of place for a shadow... I mean, where is it projected? On a wall? For sure it's not on the floor. If that's a wall, the face bellow would b kind of pressed against it, not? Just seems a bit unreal... to me.

I like the second one.
Personally I think that a longer shadow cast down ant to the left, kind of crossing the face a bit would draw the whole image together.

I think now I am seeing a face and a butterfly separately, but I think that I'm wanting more of a connection emotionally somehow.

Bootyful...simply bootyful. And I LOVE, as you put it, super fotochopping, I think the first one is a little better only because on the second one the shadow of the butterfly is off, but for a cloning job its great.

Most reactions

Back