Self Portrait for C&C

Irishwake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You guys are brutal and I love it. Yes I intentionally lit only half my face and left it *ever so slightly* overexposed.

This was handheld with mounted SB-700 at 1/8 power w/ bounce card.

C&C away.

idiv_by_adrenawake-d3b2qdr.jpg

It's not over exposed in my opinion. However, the background is really distracting. The dark door in the background for the instance detracts from your face, the weird line behind your left ear, and the light fixture near the top of your head for instance. Your lighting however is great, it brought out the detail and color in your eye nicely. I don't really like the odd angle of the photo either.
Reshoot on a grey background (a white background that's not lit, or an off color wall even), set your camera up on a tripod.

Lighting looks good, really good - however I don't care for the composition or angle of the photo. Feels like a snapshot, but with better lighting ;).

Very funky.. thats what you are trying for right. I like it.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm in a hotel room in Salt Lake City, and bare walls are at a premium so I made do with a hallway. I was trying for something a little less than ordinary so the angle was intentional as well. I was mainly looking for critique on the lighting because that's what I want practice with the most so again, thanks for the comments there. :)

i like the light, angle, and you have the face for it.

just don't like the background. left side fade to black would be killer.

i like the light, angle, and you have the face for it.

just don't like the background. left side fade to black would be killer.

I'll give it a shot with my studio lights when I get back in town, thanks for your input!

Most reactions

Back