Self Portrait Series

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently in a Perspective Drawing class and with each new perspective we learn, we are suppose to take pictures of that current perspective that show it in real life. We are currently learning how to draw 6-point and 8-point (fish eye) and I can not draw for squat. So the only time I can really show off in this class is when we do the picture assignments. While everyone will be showing up with pictures taken with their smart phones using a fish eye app, I decided to have some fun with it. My girlfriends aunt has this reflective gazing globe she let me borrow to do a self portrait series in 6 point-perspective. This is just for fun for the most part but figured you guys might enjoy it as well. Please feel free to critique if you wish

Six-Point Perspective Self Portraits #1-6 of 10

Work by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

Home by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

Park by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

The Round Rock by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

Hi, How Are You by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

University of Texas Tower by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

The last few would work the best but I feel you cut too much of your hand holding the globe off....are you able to re-shoot these yet? Great idea by the way!

Last edited:
Pretty nifty stuff. I liked this post a lot.

Fun!!! Wow, you need to keep coming up w/ cool new places to take these!

Is that a fushigi ball?

Thanks guys! To get more of my hand in the photo, my arm would have to grow hahaha. 35mm is the shortest focal length lens I have at the moment. My lady snapped this while I was taking the park photo:

8D696CB1-AF2E-47B5-8CEA-3EBF8DA296DD-10040-00000F5835F8257D_zps9be3848a.jpg

I've got two more spots I know for sure ill be stopping at tomorrow.

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can someone help me and tell me how to post a new question/post? I keep trying. I have a question about my Nikon 5100. Thanks so much!!

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can someone help me and tell me how to post a new question/post? I keep trying. I have a question about my Nikon 5100. Thanks so much!!
I'll help you through PM. =)

Thanks guys! To get more of my hand in the photo, my arm would have to grow hahaha. 35mm is the shortest focal length lens I have at the moment.

Roger that...but I'm pretty sure holding the camera in portrait mode would put more of your hand in frame. Or am I wrong? Give it a try if you still are able.

I like the concept a lot, and these are quite nice because the backgrounds are practically nonexistent. Good job!

Very creative use of perspective. I really enjoyed these photos and look forward to seeing you and your magic ball in more locations. :D :thumbup:

Maybe you could include people's comments as part of your project? Or don't they go for that kind of alternative approach these days? LOL! It's all a game of finding out what floats the lecturer's boat. ;)

Roger that...but I'm pretty sure holding the camera in portrait mode would put more of your hand in frame. Or am I wrong? Give it a try if you still are able.

Wow. Didn't even think about that. I feel all sorts of dumb now hahahaha. Ill shoot both ways today and see how that goes.

Very creative use of perspective. I really enjoyed these photos and look forward to seeing you and your magic ball in more locations. :D :thumbup:

Maybe you could include people's comments as part of your project? Or don't they go for that kind of alternative approach these days? LOL! It's all a game of finding out what floats the lecturer's boat. ;)

You know, I bet the teacher would love it. Not sure about the class though since they are all graphic design and animation students.

For the final project in this class I'm suppose to photograph each perspective while using an editorial/fashion approach. Should be interesting

Have you tried putting the sphere on the ground and photographing it from above rather than below? Or perhaps using a tripod and timer so you don't need to be holding onto the camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back