Self Portrait.....w home made soft box thingy...

Looks nice :) I saw a thing on youtube yesterday (or the day before?) showing how to make one of those, I thought it was inventive :D

thanks! it was easy to make...next up, im going to make some sort of kicker lighting lol

i got the idea for this and the portrait board from diyphotography.net

forgot to mention, i used dark green and dark red gels over my on camera flash to nix that flash but still keep the infrared to fire the off camera speedlight.....which was set to m1 so it would fire on first flash... hope tht helps and makes sense thought it was worth noting...

Last edited:
Great soft lighting and nice job with focus. You kind of shot up your nostrils, I would next time move the camera a little bit higher and include more of your neck and shoulders so you're not a floating head.

thx, the wife shot this and she is shorter than me lol...i set it all up ...settings, lighting, etc

before you spend too much time and $ on home DIY, check out amazon. They have tons of cheap chinese made equipment.

What sort of light did you use? A speedlight, or a continuous? Looks like you got a nice soft light out of it. How big of an area did the box open up to?

it was a neewer tt560 spedlight....the box was maybe 18 inches square and 8 inches deep..i assembled w packaging tape and used an old white tee shirt i had laying around...cost was nothing...i used a square of velcro t o attach to the speedlight head and put it on my tripod

...ill be hitting up cowboy studio in a month to get a backdrop and some lighting..i got my speedlite off amazon tho! 40shipped!

before you spend too much time and $ on home DIY, check out amazon. They have tons of cheap chinese made equipment.

Time and money is good to spend if it's doing something you enjoy.

thx, the wife shot this and she is shorter than me lol...i set it all up ...settings, lighting, etc
I have to stand on a stool most of the time when I take portraits, the only people I'm taller than are children :lol:

I have to stand on a stool most of the time when I take portraits, the only people I'm taller than are children :lol:

im 6-5 im bending over most of the time to get level with people.

Most reactions

Back