Self Portrait

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lately, I've been trying to get back to the reason I really love photography.
Today, I've been shooting all kinds of things non wedding related, and they can be found all around this forum, here and there.
I've had a ton of fun doing it.
Here is a fantasy self portrait.
I hope you enjoy.....
CindyAngelweb.jpg

well werent you being the diva!!! very brave of you, my hats off to ya!

it took me a while to figure out that was wings on your back, i think because of the angle...i would like to see your eye totally sharp to really make this one sing

My mentor told me that I needed to assert myself.
So I thought about angels. The arch angel Michael in particular.
So I went out and bought this crazy set of angel wings that cost a fortune.
I wanted my husband Michael to be the arch angel in my master study, but he wont cooperate. So today, I dug the wings out myself.
It's not worth a master study, but I'm working it out in my head.

I agree about the eye but it really doesn't take that much away from the shot for me. Provocative & sexy. Nicely done.
We all need to take a break, check ourselves and remember why were doing what we do, keeps us creative I think.

The only thing I could think of is the comic value of walking in by your son.

Okay besides that, the pose is well done, and the background is alright. But I don't know why the quality of the image is so low. It's all very blurry, except the eyes. That's just my preference, I would love to see a sharp version.

I'd like to reply to this thread because....well, there's less wolf calls than on the other.

My immediate impression was that this image is extremely provacative. The "bright light" coming from the right and spilling over your left side emotes the "goodness" that you embody as an angel. (Diggin' the highlights in your hair). However, that look in your eye and the almost undetectable quiver of your lips, makes the viewer realize (if observant) that there is much more there than a casual glance will reveal.

My only nitpicks would be to have the feathers a bit more in focus and the background much less in focus. And lastly, the strap, for lack of a better word, that goes around your torso. It gives the impression that it is an anchor for the wings. You should be free to fly without such bondage.

Just a thought.

Well done Cindy. May we have some more please?

The only thing I could think of is the comic value of walking in by your son.

Okay besides that, the pose is well done, and the background is alright. But I don't know why the quality of the image is so low. It's all very blurry, except the eyes. That's just my preference, I would love to see a sharp version.

Yea, I'd like a sharper version more.

Most reactions

Back