self portrait

jadin said:
Karalee said:
Very moody! Well done :) I wouldnt change a thing really.

Neither would I.

There is some strong symbolism whether you intended it or not. Your placement of yourself says to me that you feel stressed by your lot in life. You're forced into a space you wouldn't normally choose given a choice. The harshness of the light shows the intensity our emotions can have on us; good or bad. Even the items on top of the dresser have meaning. Stuff that normally would bring you happiness you can't bear to look at, let alone enjoy. You simply want to curl up into a ball (foetus of course ...) and sleep until your troubles are gone. But even that wouldn't console you, the 'warmth' of your bed isn't nearly as comforting as the cold brick behind you.

Yeah... thats what I mean but Jadin said it first :p

Cruzin said:
Generally I prefer happy type pictures, having said that, I think this picture is fantastic! The living space is cramped. The picture is well framed as the bed and wall give it a little depth. Stuffing yourself between the bed and dresser further enhances this lack of space. I like the overblown area's has it highlights the subject and yet makes it hazy at the same time, like the mood your portraying. Kudo's I think this is one of the best pictures of it's type I have seen in this forum.. Have to say there have not been many of this type of picture posted here.

Anyhow cheer up, your still young :wink:

what he said ^

I really love your positioning in this photo, brings a lot of emotion. Great work!

Most reactions

Back