Self Portrait

RockstarPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Realized I really don't post many pics anymore so besides my other thread I posted one in, figured I'd post the large version of my avatar.

5498207967_df799fe08a_b.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0012-Edit by rockstarrphotography, on Flickr[/IMG]

haha.....i used to fight mma so I tried to give it that mma look you see of portraits of some of the fighters.

Are you looking for C&C?

sure, why not......I can probably pinpoint most of the faults of the photo, but I may miss some stuff too.....this was also just a fun shot. I had this mma idea in my mind but needed a harsh, contrasty photo to play around with so i set up a light and quick backdrop and took it.

sure, why not......
Typically the face is paramount in a portrait. however, in the circumstanc some leeway can be allowed because the fists are the subject.

Oh wow........ I'm really over the line. I should leave this for another day. It's not bad, my comments, it's just difficult to type the words.

sure, why not......
Typically the face is paramount in a portrait. however, in the circumstanc some leeway can be allowed because the fists are the subject.

Oh wow........ I'm really over the line. I should leave this for another day. It's not bad, my comments, it's just difficult to type the words.

I see where your getting at. The fist do kinda dominate the photo and their out of focus. But in my defense, I shot this in a small 2 bedroom apartment. I really couldn't use a zoom lens and get far enouph back to get the dof i wanted. I was forced to shoot close with a "nifty fifty" and it was a "self portrait" so I wan't standing behind the lens. lol. I focused on where i was going to stand, the fist's was kinda a last minute thing and I didn't really feel like trying to re set it up so they would be in focus since it was more of a pp technique i was working to achieve then anything.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Very rock and roll... and intimidating :sexywink: but I like it. Given the mood of the photo, I think the exposure is just right. Any lighter and it would brighten up the mood. Which I am guessing you don't want. :thumbup: Well done!

I think the lesson to learn here is to shoot a picture given the conditions at hand. No sense trying something that cant be done and then making excuses why it didnt work. In this case dont stick the hands up if you couldnt get them in focus. Just go for the portrait and leave it at that.

sure, why not......

Brer, have you been drunk-posting again?

I would love to give C&C, but it looks like you would kick the ever living s$%t outta me! :lmao:

I kid, I kid, I like the shot. The tones and contrast work for me.
Composition wise, since you are including your fists in the shot, I would like to see a bit more room on the sides as the crop looks too tight.
Nice shot, though.

A different post with a close up of your face with just the left arm tat would be bad ass, methinks.

I'm imagining you on an invisible, electric scooter. You appear to be making vroom noises and trying to keep a straight face. Needless to say, I like it.

I like it, its got a rough feeling to it. I just wish you where a bit more straight

Most reactions

Back