Self Portrait

starving4rtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.murc13.homestead.com
Hey everyone...

I keep going back and forth about this picture. I like the fact that I got the exact results that I expected while setting it up, but I just can't put my finger on what I don't like about it. Anyway, I'd love some honest outside opinions. I'm not too attached to this picture yet, so be as brutal as you want.

photo91.jpg

Quite an interesting shot...I really like the composition but the light growing from the back of your head is a bit distracting. You could try cloning it out in PS. I think the other thing that detracts from this a bit is the lighting. It seems blown a bit in some areas. I am a sucker for black and white self portraits, and I think this would look even better bw. It would be a great high contrast image b/c of the lighting as it is, and I think add even more to the mood you've created! Adjust a few things and I think this will be a wonderful self portrait :)

since you said you got the exact result you were aiming for, i won't suggest anything but to remove the light fixture growing from the back of your head.

Just for fun....I changed it to b+w and got rid of the light. If nothing else, it seemed to make the blown out areas a bit less extreme.

photo92.jpg

Thanks for the input so far.

Excellent work removing the light ;) I like the black and white alot...but the color without the light would also be good too :lol: I know I'm a girl and can't make up my mind :lol: Guess it all just depends on which you prefer!

Oh, much better! Great job on the clone. I like the black and white better as I found the color version to be a bit on the red side.

no no no !!! do it back to colour!!! the one without the light growing out of your head but in colour!!!!

I agree with amanda and elsaspet on this one, think BW works better, the colour one had too much hard light.

I could also see it working in colour if it was desaturated a fair bit.

Just an idea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back