self portrait..

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres my first attempt. It is pretty difficult to do! C&C welcome.:)
$IMG_1119 -1.jpg

You did much better than I did. You did very good:)

Self-portraits are indeed challenging, but for a first go, you've done VERY well. A couple of thoughts for round two (assuming there will be a round two): Reduce the output and/or diffuse your light more; the skin is a bit hot and has lost detail in a few areas on your left (camera right) side, and increase the height of your light; ideally catchlighs should show around the 10.00/2.00 o'clock positions, notice how yours are much lower?

Self-portraits are indeed challenging, but for a first go, you've done VERY well. A couple of thoughts for round two (assuming there will be a round two): Reduce the output and/or diffuse your light more; the skin is a bit hot and has lost detail in a few areas on your left (camera right) side, and increase the height of your light; ideally catchlighs should show around the 10.00/2.00 o'clock positions, notice how yours are much lower?
thanks:) Yea..... I doubt there is going to be a round 2. I'm not a big fan of photos of myself. I agree about the catchlights. Something just looks off, I'll hav to that when I do my indoor lighting again.

very pretty lady!

your pretty eyes really pop! i like it. :)

thanks:) Yea..... I doubt there is going to be a round 2. I'm not a big fan of photos of myself. I agree about the catchlights. Something just looks off, I'll hav to that when I do my indoor lighting again.
Your Main light is slightly below 3 o'clock. This is causing the nose shadow to rise. Preferably in portraiture such as this, the nose shadow would fall somewhere between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip, without touching the upper lip. Search for Rembrandt lighting pattern.

You have created some nice angles, which increases the dynamic impact of the photo. Well done.

I love the feminine pose. :) As far as the technical aspect, the lighting was way hot. It looks like you have blown highlights on your left jaw and chest area.

Very pretty! Photo is nice... my nitpick is the losing your hair into the black backdrop on the left in parts.. which I'm guessing would be corrected by the others explanations of lighting adjustments that are over my head. ;)

Most reactions

Back