Self Portrait

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alexandra in the arty-farty self portrait thread did a groovy self portrait copying one of Muray's portraits and I thought I'd try it too coz I thought it was a groovy picture. But my versions sucked... I didn't have the right clothes, the right hair, or any playing cards, or cigarettes.

So I said to myself 'stuff it' I'll do my own self portrait.

IMG_4690_desat.jpg

IMG_4690_BW.jpg

I think I prefer the desaturated version rather than the black and white version at this stage. I had a lot of fun playing with the light - well rather I was moving around a lot coz the light is sort of fixed to the wall. :-( But it was fun. Next time I think I'd have to have someone else actually pushing the shutter.... it's hard jumping up and down after each shot.

thats really cool meysha, good shot!!:thumbup:

Aww thanks everyone.

I just realised that my knee looks really big in this shot. hehe... damn wide angle.

wooohoo the colour version is amazing! I need to try this as well :D

Thanks again.
The actual look I was going for was this:
img_3852_greg_desat.jpg

But of course with so little white in the background in my self portrait it just doesn't have the same effect. Also I shot the band portrait in RAW which I found was a lot easier to manipulate to get this end result.

i really like the 1st pic. can you tell who made your blouse, your skirt, wrist watch & necklace :D & the prices :D just joking around :)

Desaturated version is good but there's a few hotspots that detract from it.

Colour version is tops. :)

Ohh ma gawwd you like, so hawwwwt!! :lol:

ohh. sorry... i mean your shot is like in the Fashion Mag.
oh sweet! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Xmetal you see those hot spots... that's just my general hotness burning into the sensor. reowrrr! hehehe. :roll: oh dear. :roll:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back