Self Portrait

Emma-Lee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.strippedmedia.com
As I said before, just got a new digital SLR...the Canon Rebel-XT. I'm still getting used to everything. After using a crappy point and shoot for so long it's a big change.

I had the idea for a "mad hatter" inspired pic, only I was going to be the only guest at the tea party. Lonesome near Valentine's day what can I say? hahaha

This was really the only one that captured the vision I had in mind for the shot.

"The Lonely Tea Party"

thelonelyteaparty.jpg

Captured very well. Great shallow DOF and nice soft side lighting.

I love your expression. It captures your mood really well. Also, I love the DOF too. The only thing I don't like is that it seems like you might have gone a little bit overboard with the tea-party theme. I don't necessarily get a tea-party feel just because it seems a bit too cluttered to me. But, otherwise, I think it's an awesome picture!:thumbup:

I was considering getting a Rebel too... is it really good?

Really love the shot!
I like that with all the color in there your eyes still stand out a lot :thumbup:
And as they said, the dof is really sweet :D

haha yeah maybe I did get carried away, but I wanted it to look a bit "mad" ya know? Disorderly? I wanted it to seem like a lot of other people should be there but alas there is only me. haha Silly fun!

Emma-Lee said:
I wanted it to seem like a lot of other people should be there but alas there is only me
well, i think you really got that effect... you really look as in a disappointed mood... The pic definately has an "alice in wonderland" feel to it :D

Big Mike said:
Captured very well. Great shallow DOF and nice soft side lighting.
Ditto.

What's the source of lighting here?

Holy makeup batman.

Love it...as always.

the only thing that bugs me is that crooked piece of wood in the background otherwise awesome job

tito_gh said:
the only thing that bugs me is that crooked piece of wood in the background otherwise awesome job

hahaha ya it bugged me a bit at first too, it's not crooked wood it's crooked angle...but it kinda adds to the weirdness. It's one of those ledges that runs all around the room to put plates on etc.

i love it. i dont know why but it reminded me of pulp fiction.:blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back