Self Portrait

I like it a lot, but I hope you also took one (or a few) without the camera. I'd almost rather just see the camera hanging off your shoulder at your side or on a tripod in the background. It's competing with you as the main subject somewhat.

Hmm, that is Russell Crowe, right?

;-)

Anyway, great photo.

I like it a lot, but I hope you also took one (or a few) without the camera. I'd almost rather just see the camera hanging off your shoulder at your side or on a tripod in the background. It's competing with you as the main subject somewhat.

Thanks Matt. I see what you mean. I took a few without the camera. I didn't really like any of them too much on the first and second view. Maybe the third time is the charm :)

Thanks Arch and Alex. I get Russell Crowe everywhere I go. It's crazy :p

Better than Marty Feldman. :crazy:

It a really striking shot, Matt. I like it.

I do have a little question: where did the blur on your stomach come from? Is it on the larger image? Maybe the JPG is too compressed.

Thanks Marc. I don't see any blur on my stomach. My shirt is just wrinkled.

Here is another one without camera. I used a little different processing here for a softer black and white.

matt_soft_bw.jpg

I don't see any blur on my stomach. My shirt is just wrinkled.

Counting from the top, buttons #3 & 4 look a lot more blurred to me than #1, 2, & 5. There's also something funky going on with the thread detail. It's missing in that area, but seems to be a bit sharpened in others. But that could be an illusion from JPG artifacts. I'm not sure which.

Like I said, it's a nit-pick and probably only in this version, but thought I would bring it up.

Hahh... Nice... As allways... What should I say more... Oh yes: thaks a lot for describing the set-up with lights! This helps to beginners, like me to improve a bit...

One more thing: the portraits of your wife are somehow nicer... I don't know why... :sexywink: :D

Counting from the top, buttons #3 & 4 look a lot more blurred to me than #1, 2, & 5. There's also something funky going on with the thread detail.

I see it too. Could it be the light?

Matt, the second pic is good too, but I think the one with the camera is stronger. Thanx for sharing.

pascal

I do like the first picture a lot (the one of you with the camera). The composition is just perfect and you've got a strong look that makes it a good portrait. Also, the black background is a very good choice for it. Congratulations!

Most reactions

Back