self portrait

asr84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just trying to creat some dramatic effect... Iv'e seen the photo so many times
today i have become inmune to it. I would apreciate any feed back. Do you think it evoques any kind of feeling? Or is it just plain boring? In your opinion.... thx
slo1chico2.jpg

this should go into the artsy fartsy self portrait thread. nobody really reads it though except for corry who's oh so nice!

Sorry... This one doesn't really grab me. I think it is a little too dark. I see where you are going with the lighting, but I would really like to see a little more of your head and right hand/arm.

The idea is dramatic and so is the lighting. I would pull the light further back and or diffuse it. Also play with the lights position and try to give a better shape to the models back. Definetly get him to take off the wrist band. Not crazy about the red duotone. Tell us why you chose it.

JenR: No need to apologize, this kind of photo is very subjectif and I think you either like it or don't, in my opinion.

craig: I'm new to lighting settings and i'm experimentating, thx for advice. The model is myself (shooting with timer). About the red doutone, there is no specific reason, I just found it appealing. But after waking up I think i'm going back to B&W.

Thanks to both for comments. :D

Gonna try to fix it up and I'll post it later.

After playing around with CS2 I came up with this, this has nothing to do with the original but I think It describes better what I had in mind doing the portrait. Would appreciate any kind of comments, it's good to hop out of my point of view.
pensandoenella.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back