self portrait

jeniferbwa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure what I can do to fix the lighting on this one.. i've tried photoshop and another program and I can't seem to make it look right. Lost cause?
portrait0222.jpg

First, for a self-portrait this is wonderful

Color seems a little off.
I don't have access to PS tonight but this seems like a bad color balance.
The picture looks over-green to me.
Then I would try increasing the brightness and contrast a bit.

Hi Katy, hope you don't mind me retouching your pic but I am in the learning stage of photoshop myself. I added some curves, levels and a gaussien blur. Then I erased the blur around the eyes to make them stand out a little more. Like I said I am just learning myself, so maybe some else can help out more.

portrait0222-retouched.jpg

skribnod- you did much better than I did on the edit but I am dying because obviously I posted the edit I did without teeth whitening lol!

the second one has more of a kick to it than the first one..
still a nice photo though

portrait0222copyvi3.jpg

Had a little go

Made the eyes a bit bloatier and some make up etc

Liquify and removed left dimples

Cheers

Steve

I just made an B&W. Used an action that was made by a member from this forum. It works wonders if you ask me. Anyways, did the levels/brightness/contrast thing and then played the action. played with the curves a bit after that. There are some highlights in the hair, but i was just playing around. There is probably a way to get those hightlights out though.

selfportrait.jpg

And you can find the action made by Wally right here:
HERE

Im sorry but Im Biast

I feel that colour on this Pic is better

I also feel that my adaption is better, cooler tones, and specific adjustments where they are needed

I don't know even with the colour the image looks a little bland from the lighting. I would consider going alternative routes like the black and white or get totally artsy. I don't think any picture is a lost cause though :)

I really like what stevedevil did to the photo. Added a nice touch to it. Perfectly inhanced. I would definitly go color. Not a bad photo at all.

Stevedevil, I really like your edit. It really makes the picture pop now, I don't really know how to add makeup in photoshop yet but I will be working on it now.

My wee effort. Maybe I played too much?!

Portrait.jpg

The other edits lack a lot of contrast. Maybe I'll have another go when I'm not so tired.

Stevedevil's edit seems oversaturated, giving a porcalean doll-like appearance, I don't like it so much ,seems to fake. I say go somewhere inbetween original and stevedevil's edit.

I'm not sure what I can do to fix the lighting on this one.. i've tried photoshop and another program and I can't seem to make it look right. Lost cause?

In Photoshop CS, I did Brightness +25, Contrast +14, Saturation +12, got rid of the verticle lines with the healing brush and did unsharp mask (amount = 100%, radius = 1.3 pixels, threshold = 15 levels).

What do you think?

Attachments

• $portrait0222.jpg
    $portrait0222.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 124
I don't know even with the colour the image looks a little bland from the lighting. I would consider going alternative routes like the black and white or get totally artsy. I don't think any picture is a lost cause though :)

My favorite is the one by EOS JD. It has the lomo look, which I like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back