Self Portrait

a5i736

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
l_7704093334d03dfc51968fa03cd365a1.jpg

This is a self portrait of me. I shot all manual including manual focus. Let me know what you think. There is one thing that bugs me about the pic but i'll see if any of u guys can see it. Thanks!
P.S I like the lighting.

Welcome to the Forum :)

It's a bit too bright for my taste...it's just bright everywhere, I'd like some more contrast...also you clipped or cropped part of your chin out of the picture which is a bit bothersome for me. It might be my monitor, but the background looks spotty somehow.

Cheers!

Congratulations on the all-manual.
Is it film and did you make the print yourself in a darkroom?

To my mind it lacks in contrast.
I am not happy about the clipped off chin, either. It is neither an obvious fill-the-frame self portrait nor a complete one (as in having all your face in it). I personally would wish for either of the two.

And focus is on your fringes but not on your eyes.
Sorry to be so frank but that bugs me quite a bit.

Hey, but you look GOOD ... and still VERRRRRRY young!

You are aware of the fact that there are our galleries out there and that you can share photos there,too, and ask for really serious critique with a clear statement of what you wanted to achieve in the first place in here, in Photo Critique?

Congratulations on the all-manual.
Is it film and did you make the print yourself in a darkroom?

To my mind it lacks in contrast.
I am not happy about the clipped off chin, either. It is neither an obvious fill-the-frame self portrait nor a complete one (as in having all your face in it). I personally would wish for either of the two.

And focus is on your fringes but not on your eyes.
Sorry to be so frank but that bugs me quite a bit.

Hey, but you look GOOD ... and still VERRRRRRY young!

You are aware of the fact that there are our galleries out there and that you can share photos there,too, and ask for really serious critique with a clear statement of what you wanted to achieve in the first place in here, in Photo Critique?

This is my twin bro - I saw him take this and I can tell you why the focus is on the fringes and not on his eyes... It's because he took the picture himself with a timer for the shutter release. He focused using the distance markings on the lens.

Well, one ear can be seen and the other can't. And the top of the head is blown out. Are those things that bother you original poster?

It's a great shot though, nice work.

Most reactions

Back