Self Portrait

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a self portrait I took a few days ago - I played around with the grain a bit - just wanted to add a different effect. What do you think?

GrainSP1-6.jpg

Love your pose and expression! :thumbup: Very dramatic.

It's gotten a mite too contrasty and your highlights are blown across the forehead and bridge of the nose. If you were after a very stark, harsh look, you got it! I'd like to see a little less contrast, though. Just personal preference.

Thanks! I was going for a very high contrast look - and I know some don't prefer it - :) Just wanted something completely different than the normal portrait shot.

Thanks for the comments!

It has great harsh very attractive look.
A little less exposure on the forehead and nose would be nice.
I would take out the freckle on the left collarbone - it draws too much attention from the face.

A little less exposure on the forehead and nose would be nice.

I'd have to agree...just ease up just a tad on the highlight clipping, as the wide white area across your nose makes your nose look "wide". Easing it up just a bit should thin that highlight out.

Otherwise, I like the look, and I like the expression.

I like the grain effect.

I like a high contrast photo, but the face is a bit washy...
I like the grainy effects, too.

Your eyes make the photo in my opinion. Takes cajones to make an honestly expressive self portrait...

Everyone says I look p'ed! LOL! I just didn't want a typical portrait shot I guess. I did take some that were softer (like my avatar) but I liked this one - I guess I thought it showed a different kind of emotion that's not typically photographed.

I love it.
actually I love stark, cold, creepy, dark images. I prefer them actually.
very good. :)
Any where near kalamazoo? thats where I was born an raised. I go back once a year.

I think that the only thing that is bothering me id the blown spot on the face. The lack of gradient there leads my eye to think that is a flat plane. Other than that, I love the pose and expression.

Im beginning to find out there are a lot of us Michiganders on here. I think we should get a mini-TPF meet sometime. Im in Kalamazoo right now, but will be going back towards Brighton in a week for a few months.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back