Self portrait

Shane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
D80 f/5 1/200th iso400. I fail every time I try to shoot a serious one so I just went for the idiot look and think I pulled it off a lot more succesfully. I had a lot of fun with this.
Sittingrim.jpg

I have never really shot much portraiture so any constructive criticism/tips/comments would be great. Thanks!

aha! this is so random, which is cool. You'd usually expect something like this in a well lit room, 'tis nice to see something original and fresh!

Thanks. Any others? I almost want to post this in the general so it will get more attention.

I used two for this particular shot. Vivitar 285's. One as a rim and one to the rear left of the camera. Thanks.

nevermind, i think i figured out, it just means a flash behind the subject right? i wanan try this with skate photography. lol if i can time it jsut perfect i may be able to get the skater infront of the flash

... so I just went for the idiot look and think I pulled it off a lot more succesfully...!

^ that part you did well on. :lol: I really like the lighting (possibly a bit harsh on the rim on the right or not enough of the left...I dunno, now I'm confused)

Nice photo all the same.

i just like it, i think your pose is hilarious. kinda that sarcastic "hey i'm a jacka_ _" wave thing. looks very appropriate for your age if this makes any sense at all. hehe please don't critique me on my stupid comments

Hahaha thanks a lot for the comments. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm super immature but its all good, I was basically going for something like that. Anything else before I let this die out besides the uneven rim?

My first thought would be to add a fill light to fill in the shadows on the left side of your face and left forearm but I'm not sure if that would have been too counterproductive.

I absolutely love the back light though and in my very humble opinion I'd have to say very well job done.

Most reactions

Back