Self-Portraits (2)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All right everyone, I decided to try out some gel filters with self-portraiture, as I don't really have a model to shoot, so I kind of have to use myself. Anyways, I'm looking for critique on everything in these shots, anything at all. Exposure, composition, lighting, colors, post-processing, whatever. Seriously, give me the most hardcore critique you can, that's the only way I'll get the knowledge and know-how I need to get better at this portraiture bit before I make the big jump into the professional realm if I ever get to that level. Anyways, here are the shots...

One:
_DSC5060-Edit.jpg

Two:
_DSC5063-Edit.jpg

I really like the way the eyes look in the second one.

Is this version of the first one better or worse? I did some work on the eyes and did some exposure, contrast, fill light, vignette adjustments.

_DSC5060-Edit-Edit.jpg

I really like the way the eyes look in the second one.

see... they creep me out... but...

not much of a critique I apologize... but... the pic's look good... just those eyes man... they give me the heebie-jeebies [sp]

I also like the updated picture you just posted... but...

It seems as if the eyes are a love it or hate it, eh?

All right, eyes aside, because I see those are going to be a dissenting factor...what's the consensus on the shots?

I like the second version of the first picture best. I'm not sure if it was an effect that you were going for or not but the first two look like you have been dead for a couple hours, lol. The second version of the first one is great though.

That's sort of the effect I was going for. I didn't want the shots to be full of life. I used the blue gel filter on one of my flashes to get a cold look, and then used yellow on the other one to try and kill some reds in my face. Then I just got rid of the yellow and desaturated the reds in post-processing. So yeah, I was going for a cold, lifeless, chilled look to it all. I'm gonna try something similar later tonight maybe, if I ever get off this site and get my damn work done HAHA.

man, you look like a creepy mother****er in that second one. wouldn't want to bump into you in a dark alley at night :)

I like both the pics, but the first one has that hard light oval in the lower left hand side that seems to draw my eyes to it. But other than that, cant critique it anymore :) Great shots...
I love your PP skills

Most reactions

New Topics

Back