Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One:
Self-PortraitHDRWoods.jpg

Two:
_DSC3465-Edit.jpg

Three:
_DSC3428-Edit.jpg

Comments, critiques, and jokes are welcome and appreciated.

I'm looking for critique on specifically the following areas:
pose, lighting, and composition.

And I was aiming for fairly harsh lighting.

The first one is very cool-- was it taken with a fish eye? The tonal range on the second image is excellent, but the skin tones get very yellow and too contrasty in the third. I'd knock down the saturation of the third image by a few points overall, actually.

#2 is my fav. I find interesting the portaits with wide(er) lenses.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I used a 14-24mm for the first two, I think they were both shot at 14mm. The last one was a 70-200.

I just can't seem to nail skin tones. I'm admittedly a complete amateur when it comes to portraiture, but I should be able to figure out skin tones eventually, haha.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Much appreciated.

Diggin' those Adidis Gazelle :D

Nice ones, Trenton. I like #3 the best, but I think #1 would have been my favorite except I am not crazy about the pose you're in. :thumbup:

In #1, you have the beginnings of a great shot simply because of the way you're framed by the two trees in the background. I don't know if that was intentionally done or not, but good going. It needs cropping, however, and yes, the pose.:D Also, about the skin tones, maybe you should rely on your camera for them. Most sensors do an excellent job, as does film.

In #1, you have the beginnings of a great shot simply because of the way you're framed by the two trees in the background. I don't know if that was intentionally done or not, but good going. It needs cropping, however, and yes, the pose.:D Also, about the skin tones, maybe you should rely on your camera for them. Most sensors do an excellent job, as does film.

Yeah, the framing was definitely on purpose. I try not to leave photos to chance, but sometimes I'm totally guilty of it. I got Best in Show at the State Fair on a chance shot, a snapshot really. Haha.

But yeah, I've been letting the camera handle skin tones. I just can't quite nail it, I don't know why. I'll get it down soon though!

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Most reactions

Back