Selfie

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was still on my list for this year. To shoot a proper and very serious self portait.
To use it on LinkedIn and other very serious places. But mainly because I want to get a better understanding of portrait photography lighting. So last evening I spend quite some time studying at the masters :)

I improvised a studio in our shower with a daylight lamp taped to a fishing rod and a tripod. I used a packaging bag over the lamp to create some sort of soft box. There's a desk lamp behind me somewhere too :)

Canon 350D and a Canon 50mm f1.8 at f3.5 and ISO400.
I shot with a remote until I had my eyes properly in focus, put the focus to manual and fired away with the remote.

11532869964_c16163b7bd_z.jpg

Given that I have seen the dog with goggles for a number of years, it's nice to know that wasn't a selfie. :biggrin:

I think the fixture at your elbow needs to be removed if you're using this as a serious presentation. Nicely lit with plenty of detail in the clothing.

I like it.. good lighting only thing I'd suggest is trying a bar stool or chair with no back

Thank you for your comments. I agree on the chair.

I edited this a bit more and removed the chair. I also made a bit tighter crop that moves my head a bit off center and my right eye at a third.

11543442203_f64a860ae0_z.jpg

looks a lot better!

Very nice, but could be brightened just a tad. Your monitor may not be calibrated... but mine is.. and the pic is definitely dark.

Very nice, but could be brightened just a tad. Your monitor may not be calibrated... but mine is.. and the pic is definitely dark.
I wasn't saying anything because I don't trust this crappy computer at work but it's dark to me too.

Rembrandt lighting by chance?

Most reactions

Back