Selfportrait in Paris with many many chairs by Pascal Riben

The most intriguing part of this selfportrait is that Pascal looks here like a woman. And actually an attractive one. Long legs etc.. Some (psychologists) say there is a woman hidden in any man, probably this is the one that lives inside the author of the image :) She is clearly busy fixing her hair while Pascal is concentrating on the composition..

The most intriguing part of this selfportrait is that Pascal looks here like a woman. And actually an attractive one. Long legs etc.. Some (psychologists) say there is a woman hidden in any man, probably this is the one that lives inside the author of the image :) She is clearly busy fixing her hair while Pascal is concentrating on the composition..

:confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused: :blushing:

:confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused: :blushing:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: OK, let's ask other forum member who's shadow do they see here - is it a man or a woman ? ...

Not sure if this can be classified as a self portrait, But nevermind that.

I like the concept but I'm not too fond of the execution, I don't like how your shadow overlaps that second set of chairs.
And the fact that its CHAIRS is another thing i'm not big on, There isn't much interesting about a stack of lawn chairs.
Something more personal and self-defining would create more impact.
But then again, I don't know you and your relationship or views on chairs, and you see things 'differently' than most people, I've seen you say before, so you'll probably disregard my post.

Also, Why don't you just shoot digital? I think you will progress much faster and it'll save you a lot of time.
I only suggest this since, and i'm just assuming because you said 'bad scan', you don't have the means to properly digitalize your photos.

EDIT: And as for the last post's question, I don't see a man or womans shadow. I see an anonymous, almost stick figure, shadow. That's why I don't believe this is a portrait, because it's not an accurate depiction of what he actually looks like.

Not sure if this can be classified as a self portrait, But nevermind that.

I like the concept but I'm not too fond of the execution, I don't like how your shadow overlaps that second set of chairs.
And the fact that its CHAIRS is another thing i'm not big on, There isn't much interesting about a stack of lawn chairs.
Something more personal and self-defining would create more impact.
But then again, I don't know you and your relationship or views on chairs, and you see things 'differently' than most people, I've seen you say before, so you'll probably disregard my post.

Also, Why don't you just shoot digital? I think you will progress much faster and it'll save you a lot of time.
I only suggest this since, and i'm just assuming because you said 'bad scan', you don't have the means to properly digitalize your photos.

EDIT: And as for the last post's question, I don't see a man or womans shadow. I see an anonymous, almost stick figure, shadow. That's why I don't believe this is a portrait, because it's not an accurate depiction of what he actually looks like.

Thank you for your comment. This is an old photo, before the digital age!

looks like a one armed performer on stilts wearing a tiny hat scratching his head with his deformed arm to me. cant say if its a man or women.

I love Rorschach tests, they always show me how crazy i really am :)
[h=1][/h]

looks like a one armed performer on stilts wearing a tiny hat scratching his head with his deformed arm to me. cant say if its a man or women.

I love Rorschach tests, they always show me how crazy i really am :)

Always surprise me what others can see in your photo :D

Thanks ShaneF!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back