Seller Beware

adolan20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was selling my camera on Amazon.com and I received an email that says "Order Approved." I read the message, entirely in correct format, it tells me that a buyer has purchased my camera and to ship it out within two days. I check my account in Amazon and see $0 received, which makes me skeptical, at the bottom it says, "payment will not show until proof of shipping is received." This makes me skeptical, then I read the "buyer" information, from Nigeria, then I became even more skeptical, then I read the email address: [email protected]. I then knew 100% it was a fake, also at the bottom of the page it says "Get your own free email at zzn.com." I just wanted to inform you all of this. If you ever sell on Amazon, be weary of emails like this.

Haahaa now he sends me an email saying I paid, did you ship my item already? I'm playing along giving him a fake tracking number and ensuring him that it will be there Wednesday.

wow, that is crazy. I'm glad you cought it. by the way which camera are you selling?

It happened again! A different buyer tried using the same fake email address but a different shipping address. I don't think I'll ever use Amazon again, it's almost as bad as craigslist.

It happened again! A different buyer tried using the same fake email address but a different shipping address. I don't think I'll ever use Amazon again, it's almost as bad as craigslist.

You did report it to Amazon? Do not play games with these just report it.

Yes Amazon has a spoof/scam email task force, I sent them a copy of the emails. Don't worry I'm trying to protect you Amazon users :)

Most reactions

Back