Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

So I got a copy of Photographer's market, and I noticed a lot of places list minimum photo quality in terms of MB

What kind of files are they talking? TIFF? 8 bit or 16 bit?

What does, say, 25MB mean in terms of megapixels?

I can save a TIFF from my 10MP olympus at 28 MB for 8bits and 60 MB for 16 bits -- is that going to be good enough quality to sell to someone looking for 40MB?

Thanks,

Dan

No, you need to upsize using genuine fractals or similar software, if you intend selling on stock sites their requirements are listed, usually 8 bit, 50mb or so for the big name sites, which imo is ott for images which will possibly only ever be featured as an A4 or smaller. H

Im sure they are not buting your images by the MB or megabytes, but they could by going by the Mp or megapixel. they are going to want to make sure that images is a certain number of pixels because they need to make sure its of a certain quality. You can take a smaller image not of that number if pixels and "blow it up" but you are not goin to get the same quality. In my personal onion of all of the stock photography sites that I have reviewed they do not compensate the photographers that much for there images.
Wes

Most reactions

Back