Selling photos online.

Did you choose your subjects to match IstockPhoto interests?

Do you understand what the Customers that use Micro Stock companies, who they are and what they are looking for?

I'm just asking a question first off, not making a comment

Last edited:
I applied for iStock and a few others. So you guys don't think they'll want what I have to offer? Thanks, I'll check out what they say they need and try to get a few of them.

Do you understand what the Customers that use Micro Stock companies, who they are and what they are looking for?

I'm just asking a question first off, not making a comment

I read through what they want now, thanks.

I'm gonna send them pics, and see what happens.

Here you find what they want and what not:
Stock Photography: Search Royalty Free Images & Photos | iStock

The fact that there is a picture similar to one you would like to submit is not sufficient. If they have one and they decide is sufficient for their market, yours is not needed (it's not you their aim ;) ).
Months ago I wanted to try, but I did not at the end, because too boring. However, it could be a great exercise for a beginner to shoot some picture specifically for those sites - it is not matter of using what available, but shooting what they need. E.g., as far as I understood, working people, but with model releases.

There is next to no money to be made in stock photography. Unless you have your finger on the pulse of exactly what these stock photo companies need and have the time and talent to produce thousands of usable quality images. My humble opinion, your time is better spent elsewhere searching for money, if money is your ultimate goal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back