selling stock photos online for free

And WHY would you want to? Trying to ensure that prices for those that do sell from stock sites go down even more than they already have?

Bitter Jeweler said:
How do you sell something that is free?

Exactly my question. Where the revenue?

LOl......I think he means.... what site can he post his pictures to sell on that doesn't charge a hosting fee

I dunno. Flickr.com?

Selling stock photos requires quite a bit of advertising and promotion. If a photographer has a lot of contacts in the advertising business that routinely use the kind of stock images the photographer produces, the photographer might make a bit of money.

If a photographer cannot afford to market, promote, and advertise their stock photography, a better approach is sharing licensing fees with a stock photography agency in exchange for the web site maintenance, marketing, promotion, and advertising a stock photography agency provides for their cut.

Unfortunately, the stock image market is over saturated with images, and it literally gets even more saturated by the hour.

https://sites.google.com/site/picsellver1/ It's an effort to built something unique. A way to share your unique moments with friends and family. To show that the world is actually soooo beautiful. This site is building by me and my friend. It's another option. Just have a look and help us to create something beautiful.

No.

Most reactions

Back