Selling Work Through ecommerce sites?

NaplesVincent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all-

I've been considering the idea of selling my work through a reputable online site that lets me mark it up and is processed and sold completely through them. i.e. imagekind.com, smugmug.com, redbubble.com....

I have researched and researched and while I have found a lot of information, I cannot find a place that suggests sites or compares them...or even says how they've done with sales.

I am just at the point where some friendly guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to ask for your experiences and suggestions of sites.

Thanks very much,
Vince Valle
Naples, FL

Vince,

I'm familiar with two types of online selling situations:
1. Shutterfly Pro Gallery
2. Cafepress

I've been with SF for three years. It works for event photography - sports, weddings, etc.

I've been successful using it for an annual fishing tournament I shoot. Less successful using it for a garden club convention, and VERY successful using it for the one wedding I've shot in the past few years.

I pay a flat fee per year and can use the bandwidth any way I choose. I set pricing, upload files that can be printed up to 20x30 and have had no problems at all with their service. For $99 (basic) or $199 (Premium) a year, it's well worth it - IF you're doing that kind of photography.

Cafepress is something I've jumped into just in the past few months to see if I could sell my more personal ("artistic") work.

People SAY say it works. But so far, I've seen nothing from it. Still, for $6.95 a month, I'm going to give it a little while longer.

Most reactions

Back