Selling your photos??

Donutboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.....just a quick question to see if anyones knows anything about selling your pictures on the internet. I dont really want to go down the road of selling to stock companies, i just wanna try and make abit of money back so i can buy new goodies for my ever expensive hobby!!

you want to sell prints then? I've had a bit of luck the last few days but thats mainly due to advertising myself to everyone who'll listen lol

Abstract said:
you want to sell prints then? I've had a bit of luck the last few days but thats mainly due to advertising myself to everyone who'll listen lol

Done quite well out of it too, haven't you. Take a tip out of Abstract book, and promote yourself as much as you can, to anyone and everyone. If they can hear you, tell them. :D

Get your own website andtell everyone about it.
Then tell some more people and exchange links with as many people as you can - especially sites with a similar interest to yours.
Then tell some more people.

I've had my own site for quite a while and made around £60 through telling people i know about it and selling them prints.
I've made a simialr amount selling to family and friends but made the most out of one sale via a stock agency.
Incidentally - you dont sell TO stock agencies as you stated. Is this your understanding or merely a figure of speech?
You effectively lease your shots when you use a stock library. Companies lease the use of your shot for the agreed amount of money for an agreed use. The stock library is merely an agent and your shots are not sold to them in any way.

I would suggest microstock thats how I paid for my 350d.There are several sites but the best one is Shutterstock so far for me.Its not a get rich quick thing it does take some work but its well worth it in the long run.Heres their link if you wanna give them a try Shutterstock

Most reactions

Back