Semester at Sea

Laser180481

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a semester at sea in the winter of 2006 sailing all through the Caribbean and east coast of the US. I was just a begginer and my camera was a Nikon N75 with the kit lens (28-80). It was a great learning experience. Here are some of the good ones. As always, C&C encouraged!

TobagoSunset.jpg

Spirit.jpg

Shrouds.jpg

ShipsBell.jpg

Pups.jpg

MonaLizardBW.jpg

Mona.jpg

Martinique.jpg

HoorayGoatseditted.jpg

Headrig.jpg

Forestaysail.jpg

BequiaCove.jpg

Since this was a film camera and I had the images digitized, I was wondering if this would explain why some of the images have a lot of noise. Also, a lot of the pictures came out with dark corners like the top left of number 7 and top left and right of number 12. Why is that?

I might as well ask how I can make the images smaller so they fit on the screen. They were uploaded from photobucket.

#3 has great colour and I love the angle of the shot.

#4 is pretty cool too - is that part of the ship?

Four is the ship's bell, solid brass. The vessel is Westward, a 125ft staysail schooner built in the late 1800's.

I so LIKE the feel that comes from digitalised film shots! Never mind the grain/noise (probably noise from the scanning process) ... it shows immediately that this was film and is therefore no reason to worry about!

Lovely photos, many of them, and I think I must call 3, 4 and 7 my favourites.

7 is truly one of those classic desert islands shots. It comes from Isla de Mona, a tiny, uninhabited island off the west coast of Puerto Rico. That's Westward in the background, just beyond the reef.

Thanks for the comments.

These are some nice shots. As for the grain it could be from any number of thinks and IMO it does not hurt any of them.

That must have been quite the adventure/experience. These pics will bring back cherished memories, I'm sure. My faves are 3 and 10 for the wonderful pov, and 7 and 12 for the gorgeous scenery they depict. Thanks for sharing 'em.

Most reactions

Back