Semi-portrait.

mcblum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please, be honest. There is a lot of "Wow!!! That's amazing!" I'd like to hear especially from those people who don't like the picture. Thanks for your time, I sincerely appreciate it.

blue_eyes.jpg

OK... I'll give it a go. First impression: overexposed. I feel you're really close with your lighting, but a few adjustments will push this one over the top. I would like to see how this one would look with your main light just a bit higher and a little further around to the back so that the cheek in the foreground is partially in shadow.

Posing: Not bad! The diagonal line you created from the upper left corner to the lower right corner is great. I want to tip her head down just a bit so I see less of her nostrils. And, the foot is a distration in this one.

What I feel would have helped the most is to key the background with the clothing. If this was on a deep background, or if she was dressed in white shirt, your eye would more easily go to the flesh tones.

All-in-all, not far off from amazing. I truley hope you find this helpful. Seems portraits are a bit tough to critique, especially when they're "mostly good" like this one. I look forward to you next post!

-Pete Christie

Personally, I like the over exposure, Although I agree about lowering the head very slightly and raising the light.
Nice job over all.

skin tones are overexposed for my liking and the background is blah! i like the pose and choice of model. just my .02

Most reactions

Back