Semi topless underage pics by Vanity Fair

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like to see where this story goes. If It were any of us taking "Art" Photos of a 15 year old how long before we get put in jail or sued, But I'm not Annie Leibovitz and don't shoot for Vanity Fair. Then again maybe there is no victim here other than Disney Channel.

Story here:
http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/04/61009/index.html

With all the people that surrounded her on the day of the shoot if someone thought this was going badly I think they could have pulled the plug in a second before the shots were ever published. To criticise the photographer when everyone involved had every opportunity to see the images instantly is a dangerous game. I think if they did not want these kinds of images done they should not have agreed to them in the first place. I get the feeling this was some kind of grab at mabye tarting up her image or something that has gone terribly wrong.

This apology of hers has to be coming directly from Disney. C'mon, she knew what she was doing, her parents and handlers knew what she was doing and so on. Disney has to protect that so-called squeaky clean image, don't you know.

check out the 'cleave' on the photo in the article.

Is it me or does anyone else think that picture isnt very raunchy at all?

The picture above the article is not the one mentioned in the article itself...

ohhh
gotcha

I think thats an amazing shot and artistic. It makes her look older and maybe thats why I find it ok.

This apology of hers has to be coming directly from Disney. C'mon, she knew what she was doing, her parents and handlers knew what she was doing and so on. Disney has to protect that so-called squeaky clean image, don't you know.

Exactly... Publicity is publicity and usually is good for a budding celebrity. Simply put.. sex sells... and they are in show business. Tt is easier to ask for forgiveness than get permission.

How "raunchy" those pictures are will greatly depend on the beholder's upbringing, environment and culture.

Personally.. I don't like what they are stooping to. I don't like the message it sends out to millions of very young fans. The parents, handlers, guardians were there and knew exactly what photos were being shot... it was all about $$$, status and image.

As a photo in of itself.... I do think it is nicely done.

You see a five-year-old running around on the beach in just her knickers and no-one cares.
You see a twenty-year-old running around on the beach in just her knickers and you admire her.
You see an eighty-year-old running around on the beach in just her knickers and you wish she'd put some clothes on.
But if a fourteen-year-old takes her top off then everyone starts worrying that it's a criminal offense.
You humans are strange.

I am fascinated by the fact that there are people in America who are professional alarmists about this kind of thing. In Europe and Asia this would bother no one. But then again (as usayit and others have already pointed out) it is simply Disney preemptively protecting an asset. Maybe even they are underestimating the American public, and no one seriously thinks this is a big deal.

Controversy sells. This is a lesson in promotion. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back