e7jcde.jpg

n14iky.jpg

2573gad.jpg

beiu6v.jpg

2rdcmwz.jpg

aze5uu.jpg

20uygqx.jpg

2a857c2.jpg

numbers 5 and 10 do it for me because they look natural, all the others look like they have a *forced* smile and it seems the model isn't enjoying herself a lot. with 3 and 7 you should have framed it up with that white door as a sole background and it would have emlinated that rubbish behind her. that way it would have drawn the viewer into the model more instead of looking around at her background etc. other than those couple of thingsw that come to my mind at the moment they arn't to bad at all..... keep it up.

Yeah thanks for the comments, the model was having fun but she has an awkward smile... shes a cheerleader.. lol.. :)

These are my first ones and I think they turned out well. :)

Most of these suffers from harsh lighting issues. The use of a reflector and fill flash would take some of these to the next level. The posing on some are pretty good. I like how you use the lines from walls and fences to lead to subject. The background in all of these shots are in clear focus. This is good on some shots where the background contributes to the image, and bad on others where the background is a distraction.

quickly... some other really noticable things -

image one - there is a too much extra room above the subject and her hands are chopped off

image two - the power meters are too distracting and her hands are chopped off

image five - debris on the ground makes her shoe look really long and deformed

image seven - flare can sometimes be a cool effect, but not when a flare spot highlights her groin

as you develop you will learn to see these things on set up resulting in less complicated post processing..

good luck!

1-2 Look harsh. The model is smiling to gruffly. 7-8 the model looks lost and afraid. The backgrounds are a little distracting but workable. I would suggest doing some cropping work. I think some of the shots are a little too wide and the model just disappears into the background.

Overall, there are some good things going on here. My one comment will be to crop tighter...just about every shot has too much surroundings and not enough subject.

Thanks for the comments :) This was my first time doing portraits really... so thanks for the tips, I wanted to use a reflector but no one to hold one for me :(

#2 - I dunno. Keep thinking about SMUD. Power meters I guess are cool, but not in this situation.
I would crop out the sky in #4.
#6 is a cool portrait.
*7 - didn't work. A dead on shot, with a ton of clutter and light spots. A no go for me there.
I both like and dislike #8. I dont know why.
*9 is cool, but I would crop out the right side, and bring it tighter on the two. I wanna smack the dude, but his pose still works.
#10 is cool.
Last one, not a fan.
I wanted to use a reflector but no one to hold one for me
Where did that dude come from? Just random passerby? Also, how about a tripod (or two). Free up your hands, remote control the camera so you can hold your own reflector.

#2 - I dunno. Keep thinking about SMUD. Power meters I guess are cool, but not in this situation.
I would crop out the sky in #4.
#6 is a cool portrait.
*7 - didn't work. A dead on shot, with a ton of clutter and light spots. A no go for me there.
I both like and dislike #8. I dont know why.
*9 is cool, but I would crop out the right side, and bring it tighter on the two. I wanna smack the dude, but his pose still works.
#10 is cool.
Last one, not a fan.

Where did that dude come from? Just random passerby? Also, how about a tripod (or two). Free up your hands, remote control the camera so you can hold your own reflector.

Thanks for the comments, and whats wrong with the pose? That dude is me... i guess i could buy a remote....

Thanks Early.... :)

Most reactions

Back