Senior Portrait Idea

I went back and processed some past images like I did above, and this is the result I got.

I think it could work with some, but I need to be careful about it.

DSC_0019_EDIT_32.jpg

I can see it working great for groups.

ooh that is neat! I like that one like that! So did I miss how you did as far as editing or didn't you say? ;)

I processed them all pretty much the same. In the first one I just set up my SB-600 as a kicker, and all of them in the post production, turn down the vibrance, do contrast adjustments, in CS2, run smart sharpen over a few times with large radii, and up the contrast on the eyes.

I agree with you that these senior portrait general style is old and borring now and I love what you did with your idea but the problem is the parents and yearbook. I work on a yearbook and not only would most of the editors atleast on my yearbook be against shots like that but the parents would be. My school loves to stick to tradition so trying to change that would take a lot of will power.

I agree with you that these senior portrait general style is old and borring now and I love what you did with your idea but the problem is the parents and yearbook. I work on a yearbook and not only would most of the editors atleast on my yearbook be against shots like that but the parents would be. My school loves to stick to tradition so trying to change that would take a lot of will power.
Good to know, I know that My high school didn't care what the seniors did for their portraits. I mean, one of my classmates turned up the contrast to the max on his and they took it, even though you couldn't really see much of anything.

i would've loved something like this for my senior pics. i had mine done twice actually because i was so unhappy with them (went to someone else the 2nd time). i love the face the girl is making too...such personality!

my high school required the good ole drape shot for the yearbook though. :(

Most reactions

Back