Senior portrait shoot...Cindy (4 pics)

Really pretty stuff. I love the bokah on these. The third is my favorite too. Did you sharpen the eyes in the last two? There seems to be a hard halo on the outer rim on the iris. Still beautiful though.

I was thinking that halo might actually be contact lenses? Not sure but I bet they could be cloned out. ;)

I was thinking that halo might actually be contact lenses? Not sure but I bet they could be cloned out. ;)

You are correct Kathi. She was wearing contacts, and I actually used the dodge tool at very low opacity (about 10%) to mask it. I generally use low opacity and go over it a few times until it looks good. I think a few more passes would have done it, or in this case, I probably should have cloned it.

Nice detective work, sherlock! ;-)

Nice work!! The bright spot in #1 bothers me a bit but still a very nice shot. Nice skin tones. I like the posing.
#3 rocks!

NJ, the light in #1 and #2 is directional but it is not hitting the subject at a flattering angle. Instead of shaping the face (ie: with rembrandt lighting, butterfly, etc. etc. etc.) it is acting more like a kicker/accent light and making her face look rounder than it is (the light is also broad on her face). Had she turned towards where the light was coming from it would be better and do more to shape the face.

Good stuff NJ, I really like the third one.

NJ, the light in #1 and #2 is directional but it is not hitting the subject at a flattering angle. Instead of shaping the face (ie: with rembrandt lighting, butterfly, etc. etc. etc.) it is acting more like a kicker/accent light and making her face look rounder than it is (the light is also broad on her face). Had she turned towards where the light was coming from it would be better and do more to shape the face.

Good tips Jubba. Thanks, I appreciate it! :)

Good stuff NJ, I really like the third one.

Thanks oCyrus! #3 seems to be the consensus. Glad you like it.

NJ

Most reactions

Back