Senior portrait tips?

jhermes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A very good friend of mine asked me to shoot his senior portraits, just for fun. I'm definitely going to do it, and I was wondering if anyone had some good tips. I planned on possibly shooting outdoors at a local park with lots of trees and a lake and some nice bridges and steps. I was hoping to show him doing some of his favorite activities, which include juggling and music. Just wanted to know if I'm on the right track with planning, and I'm open to any tips. Thanks!

Here's my flickr stream, so you all can get an idea of my shooting abilities (which I'd also appreciate tips on!) Flickr: John Hermesmann's Photostream

I just did a for fun seniors session with a bunch of the girls for the local highschool, a few of them changed and we did a couple different backdrops and poses. I tried to do some outside but its super cold and wet out and the majority of them were hung over. If they play sports, have them bring Jerseys and props, ie basketball or volleyball. Fancy serious stuff or simple poses. I have examples in my Flickr from a few. Good luck, it was lots of fun, and work haha. 7 girls, three outfit changes a piece and take down backdrops etc in 2 hours. But I learned a lot.

Thanks a lot. He wanted to do this Friday, but I'm really wanting to shoot on a day later in the season when we have more green trees!

Since the Friday mentioned was back near the end of March, you're advice is somewhat, uh, untimely.

And digging up bunches of old threads to reply in is unseemly.

Since you're in D.C.! .........Is this our tax dollars at work?

Last edited:
;)

Necropost-kitten-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back