Senior Portraits - C&C Welcome

kylehess10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylehessphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to get the hang of senior portraits, so I'm looking for some C&C. I shoot senior portraits at the high school unless the student desires other

5016817950_a1544dd8be_b.jpg

5016823254_5aa8338f28_b.jpg

5016225839_e1007fa5c8_b.jpg

5016845806_768bb90e79_b.jpg

5016866176_e90ef83766_b.jpg

More from this shoot can be seen on my fanpage on facebook:
(direct link to pics)

Kyle Hess Photography | Facebook

Very cute and relaxed series.

5 is the stuff!!! ... I'd get rid of the splatter on the goal post in the first.

mzgloves20 - Thanks for noticing! lol....I wouldn't have ever known about that if you didn't mention it. I love the strong eyes of the forum!

Flash Harry - I said C&C, not C&Be and asshole. I only used a reflector for the shoot and did the best I could with it.

In 1 and 4 you lost detail in her hair b/c of the shadows. Great photos tho. Like 5 the best.

Very cute girl! I would avoid using the light like you did in the first 2...it makes for a very harsh appearance (both bright spots and shadowing). Try some nice backlighting next time maybe, I think that would look great. :)

FYI, your website loads very slowly...

I agree with Flash Harry your control of the light was poor.

I only used a reflector for the shoot and did the best I could with it.

With a subject in direct mid day sunlight, a reflector by itself is virtually useless. You would have gotten better results is you had diffused the direct sunlight, used strobed light, preferably from off camera, at least one reflector, and used shutter speed to attain good background separation.

Thanks everyone.

I agree with the lighting. I've given my reflector a rest and bought a lighting kit. It worked great for my first time and I love the stuff I've learned on this site regarding lighting in general. I plan on diffusing the sunlight for now on whenever I'm shooting in direct sunlight.

rosshole- Would you happen to use a Mac? I've opened my site on 3 or 4 different computers, and I've noticed that it loads a lot more slowly on Mac's. I haven't had too much of a problem on PC's, usually being 1-3 seconds to load. And thanks for letting me know.

i was thinking the same thing as lisa.. the harsh lighting is making he squint, and it's not exactly fattering. and it's making some really hot spots on her chest and arm. her jeans are also blown.
deffinetly try some backlighting, it will bring a whole new look:)

Most reactions

Back