Senior portraits

CrazyAva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.avapadgett.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to get some opinions on these. I shot them this weekend at Balboa Park in San Diego, CA

b39ec13d.jpg

d48c1547.jpg

15066c52.jpg

67f73271.jpg

4db1dacd.jpg

a8d4debc.jpg

5cfc62fb.jpg

93eb85fc.jpg

I'm not normally a fan of b/w but these are nice. I like the deatils and contrast the b/w brings out. 2&3 in particular.

nice series... i like 2, 3, and 7... :thumbup:

nice series! #4 and 7 for me :D love the bw conversions
tfs :)

I love your signature, CrazyAva. I need a Canon fairy, too! :D

Thanks dude. I had a ton of fun and actually shot over 300 pictures that day. It was just such a beautiful place and my creativity was flowing. There were quite a few though that her highly reflective shirt ruined the shots and I couldn't get it just right where it wouldn't while keeping her evenly lit. Just a pain that shirt was!

#3 and #7 for me.

#3 is the strongest image, imho, I really love it, GREAT job. It's one of those frames that just grabs you, and doesn't let go.

#7, love the angle, and those eyes just draw you in. I might tone down the hot spot on the tip of her nose a bit though.

Really nice B&W conversions!!

CrazyAva said:
Thanks everyone.

WNK haha. I think all of us Canon users would like one of those ;)

Hell, I'd just settle for an "L" fairy!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I noticed you took these in San Diego. I was born there, and moved away when I was 5. So weird that you pop up with these today, night before last I woke up in the middle of the night with a sudden flood of memories from SD. I remembered the elementary school where I attended the first half of kindergarten, where it was located in relation to my house. I googled it, then mapped it, and sure enough, there was the street I used to live on. Weird!!

1 : Too dark. I think you wanted to give a mysterious feeling, but it doesn't work for me, cause the face is too much and too less visible at the time. Vertical bars would have added something too.
2 : Very nice B&W treatment, especially on hair. The left eye is too bright compared to the right one, it makes something strange.
3 : The best of all, I think. Nice B&W, expression, etc.
4 : The frame is "too much". The expression of the model on this one is too less natural, to me.
5 : Nothing interesting, except contrast/saturation.
6 : The pillars in the background should have been vertical.
7,8 : Good pictures.

ShutteredEye said:
#3 and #7 for me.

#3 is the strongest image, imho, I really love it, GREAT job. It's one of those frames that just grabs you, and doesn't let go.

#7, love the angle, and those eyes just draw you in. I might tone down the hot spot on the tip of her nose a bit though.

Really nice B&W conversions!!
Thank you, thank you thank you! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back