Senior Session on the Farm

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This boy told his mother that he did not want any senior pictures taken in a traditional studio. His is very country and I really don't think he wanted pictures at all. Of course his mother made him and she asked me to do them. Once we got going, I took a break and showed him how they were looking on the camera. It changed his whole attitude. I really got into it then. I hope I gave him what he wanted. C&C as desired but please be respectful. :)

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Very nice job. I really like the colours. The one in the field is so sharp and clear it almost looks like he's in a studio.

2,3,4 have a nice quality about the lighting.

#1 & 3 are my favorites. Anyway.. what is that on his necklace? Whistle? Something you use to smoke dope? Duck caller?

Nice work! I'm really liking #3, but I think I would have kicked down the OOF plant in front of him for a better view. :)

Very nice job. I really like the colours. The one in the field is so sharp and clear it almost looks like he's in a studio.
Thank you. Actually, Your aren't the first to say that. Some people says it looks fake lol.

2,3,4 have a nice quality about the lighting.
Thank you. You and others have pushed me to use my OCF more often. These were all taken using my home made beauty dish. I tried some natural light pictures but they just didn't compare to the OCF pictures.

#1 & 3 are my favorites. Anyway.. what is that on his necklace? Whistle? Something you use to smoke dope? Duck caller?
Thank you. I really like #1. It is a duck call necklace. I kind of think it is his "thing".

That one stalk in front of his crotch is phallic.
Good call. Is this better?

DSC_0109-1.jpg

Look great. love the compostion on #1
Thank you very much.

Nice work! I'm really liking #3, but I think I would have kicked down the OOF plant in front of him for a better view. :)
I have some others of those. I'lll have a look. Thanks you.

I think that last one (blue shirt) is pretty nice. Very nice lighting.

Did you consider a bit of vignette... at least at the bottom?

-Pete
Thank you. I always forget about vignetting. I will look into that.

Here are two vignette edits. Better or worse?

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0257-1.jpg

I like the edited dock and pond version, and yes, the edited version of him standing in the field of what I think is sorghum looks better without the visual *overlap* mentioned. Homemade beauty dish,eh??? Looks pretty good, has a nice lighting quality about it! I had no idea you had a homemade beauty dish.

I'm digging that beauty dish... I can't wait to get my hands on some things to make one. The pics turned out really nice.

Does it seem like that dish has high build quality and is nicer than the average cheap-o $60-$80 dish?

You managed to create a very nice, "illustrative" type of lighting, you converted a negative,resistant client into a willing, enthusiastic client, made him happy, made his mom happy, and in general pulled this assignment off with aplomb. Congratulations!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back