Senior session

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2503007969_64d7c929e1_o.jpg

I know, I cut his toes off darnit! No one is more mad about that that me. ;)

2503843190_e8a02d4873.jpg

2503838964_9a5fd10196.jpg

this one has a watermark on it cause I used it on my blog, please ignore.
2503837802_1c65bfb01f.jpg

2503839194_9e4bbc5386.jpg

I like 'em all, except #5!!! Great job! Not to fond of #5 though, I would have probably left that one out, doesn't go with the flow.

On a tangent, I haven't seen quite a sepctacular bowl cut in quite a while!:D

Like number 1. It really shows the car without showing the car. It's all about the person but it has some excellent depth.

On an equal tangent, that is quite the moe he's got there too.

Buzzerker - lol I showed that last one because he has a different expression than the others I chose to show and I figured someone would say that he looks miserable. But I did get him to smile, ;)

Garbz, thanks. That's my favorite one that first one. When they wanted a car incorporated I thought, oh no! That's a big prop! I wasn't sure what I would do with it. I don't know enough about cars to know what the things are that you would most definately want to include without takign the attention from the real subject. I'd like to try again someday.

And you guys about the hair.. lol! My senior picture I had blonde bangs and the rest of my hair was black. :blushing: That's part of the fun of looking back at those types of photos though. ;)

He's got something on his upper lip...maybe you should clone that out.

:lol:

Great series. :)

Great job! My faves are 1 and 3.. I dislike the last one also, but like his smile.. I just don't like the crop of it.. but I think he will like it because of his expresion. He looks like he was a tough subject! I'm laughing and his mini man mustache *giggle*

See now number 5 is my favorite! Weird...:lol:

I like the angle and the crop - but I am a fan of weird angles, focus etc.

I think you did a great job! The only thing I would say is that his hands look a little too posed or not very masculine in number 2. it may just be personal preference - i usually have them stick their hands in their pockets or something like that! :wink:

Big Mike - :) lol. thanks.

kelleylindsay - thanks. yeah that crop is weird I have a bad habit of stying to stick with thirds. I have to knock that off. He was actually a very well mannered young man that took body direction well, he just seemed to make the same expression a lot. I had to tell a few jokes to get him to crack a smile. ;)

butterfly girl - goood thinking on the hands in the pockets, I think I was drained by this time it was at the end. I should have thought about that! Thanks for the suggestions and comments. :)

agreed...nice shots, but see if you can PS out that dirt on his lip. :D

I like #5. Who's paying for the pictures anyway...probably Mom, and she wants to see a smile. #2 is great, but I'd like to see him pull his head back a bit. His neck looks kind of like a turtle.

See now number 5 is my favorite! ....
I like the angle and the crop - but I am a fan of weird angles, focus etc

I too find the fifth one to be the best of the lot. I don't think anything is weird about it. It's just a well done portrait.

You used an appropriate focal length, and did a good job dealing with the lighting. The diagonal angel created by the pose gives a nice flow to the image, keeping it from feeling stagnant.

Good goin'!

-Pete

I like #4 the best, but its a great series overall. I noticed that all of them have lighting on the broad side of his face. Do you have any with short lighting? I tend to favor short lighting for some reason.

You have some really nice BW tones. Where did you learn that? ;)

Nice job Kathi! Your skill level really shows here. :)

Sr Biscuit - lol. Thanks. :)

Mnay Hats - exactly, mom wants a smiley pic. ;) And yeah I do see the turtle thing lol good looking out, I'll watch for that in the future.

Rachelsne - thanks, the car was too cool!

Christie Photo - Thanks! :) I ususally shoot kids and this was a great opportunity to have someone stay still while I took their picture! lol. It was neat to try some different things and actually be able to think straight!

NJMAN - thanks that is mom and dads favorite of the group. I do need to step up my lighting techniques, I'll look through and see if I can find any. Oh and the black and white's, some weirdo showed me how to acheive that. :D

Most reactions

Back