sensor cleaning with delkin sensorscope 3

Charliedelta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm using the delkin sensorscope 3 to clean my sensor. The instructions say to use the scope it comes with to see where the dust spots are. My problem is that all I see is like a mirror with all reflections of colors. And I am lifing the mirror and doing the procedure as instructed on the Nikon manual. What am I doing wrong? Is that what I am supposed to see? ANd in that case, how do you see the spots?

Thanks

Do you have a battery in the SensorScope? Are you pressing the power ON button? I own a sensorscope...it works pretty well...

I do. It works. I even tried it to magnify other things and it works. When you look at your sensor through the scope, what do you see? Is it all one solid color, say gray, or is it all reflections?

I tried again. When I look into it, I don't see the sensor being grey like in your video, but more like a color spectrum reflection

Charliedelta said:
I do. It works. I even tried it to magnify other things and it works. When you look at your sensor through the scope, what do you see? Is it all one solid color, say gray, or is it all reflections?

I see a dark almost metallic blue-green shimmery sensor...with a bunch of crap on it! Man..I gotta swab this thing before the weekend! I have a Nikon, and it had an Anti-AIlias filter array over the sensor itself. You do have to hold the bottom of the Sensor Scope right against the lens mount, firmly against the mount. I dunno...maybe your SensorScope has been damaged in some way? I don;t know what could be wrong...I'm the only person I personally know who has one, and this is the only one I have ever had, so my experience is limited to just this one, single unit...I have never even touched another one, so...

I see success. And wealth. And love. And..................

Oh, wait. That's my crystal ball.
fortune_teller_md_blk.gif

With mine I see a multi-colored reflection, mostly blues and greens. I can see dust spots, but only the larger ones.

Most reactions

Back