Sensor Cleaning

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was playing around with my camera (yes again :mrgreen: ) and thought what it would look like from the camera's point of view, when someone is cleaning its sensor.......so i shot this. And im aware that the q-tip is out of focus, but that thing was just way to small to focus on, especially since i was on the "other" side of the camera.
I fiddled around with the curves abit and i havent got a clue what i did. Just changed them till i thought it looked nice. Then clicked grayscale. Put a simple border around it.....et voila.
If you got some critique or pointers...please tell me. If you dont.......that fine too :)

sensorcleaning001.jpg

as a self portrait it's a sound effort though i think you could get a better results having someone else take the picture and frame it.

is that the full size photo? if not then i'm thinking to make framing easier, if taking it yourself, to have a wide framing so you can crop it to the desired effect.

Nice to see you, Daan.
Do put this into the "Arty Farty Self Portrait" section over in the Photo Themes, please, will you?
And what a fun idea.
"To see what the camera sees when you clean it"! Heehee.
When my brother was 9, he also once wanted to hear EXACTLY what a microphone would hear when you lit a match quite next to it. So his ear was the "microphone" - whoosh - and half his hair was gone!

Cool idea on how the camera sees! :)

Btw, I would not touch my camera sensor with a cotton bud (q-tip) coz of the lint.
This is what I use to clean the sensor.

k, i know im not much to look at, but thats just cruel
Awww, I don't think they were being cruel. It's just scary when someone comes lunging towards you with a cotton bud!!

What a cool idea! I can never think of anything intereting for arty-farty self portraits. :-(

Most reactions

Back