Tighearnach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.

I am just wondering how the size of a entry level SLR (400D for example) sensor compares to that of a point and shoot digital camera (canons ixus range or equivalent). If the crop factor on the slr's is 1.6 what would it be for the point and shoots?

Thanks....

Hello.

I am just wondering how the size of a entry level SLR (400D for example) sensor compares to that of a point and shoot digital camera (canons ixus range or equivalent). If the crop factor on the slr's is 1.6 what would it be for the point and shoots?

Thanks....

on p&s cameras the sensors usually are MUCH smaller, the actual size depends on the model though. However, unlike for SLR lenses, the focal lengths given for p&s cameras usually are given as 35mm full frame equivalents.

The real physical focal lengths can only be found in the specs, not in the advertising ;)

If you go to THIS SITE, you can look up the specs (including sensor size) of just about any digital camera.

pretty damn small. That's why as S5 can get like 450mm focal length with a lens that's about 1.5" long...

Most reactions

Back