sensors burn out permanently?

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i posted a thread on here talking about purple corners i was getting and people said it was due to amp noise and that the sensors were heating up. can i burn those sensors permanently? and will it destroy my camera?

Why yes you can burn up your sensor permanently. It like any other electronic device hates being heated up over its limit or, beeing heated up near it limit continually.

i am yes. and thanks for letting me know. how can i get around this one?

How long are you having the shutter open for? I know certain cameras can't handle long exposures (ie; 20 minutes plus). PLEASE don't act on my advice alone. Get a 2nd opinion as I am only relaying second hand info here.

yeah i guess im going to have to revert back to my 35mm. does anyone know on here how to cool the camera with nitrogen?

Multiple exposures!

Take a series of 10-20 second exposures with a 5 second gap in between. This firstly reduces heat and also ensures that the sensor is reset between exposures thereby avoiding the purple fringe issue. A program like this Image Stacker can then be used to layer the images together to achieve the long exposure.

200 exposures at 25 seconds with a 10 second gap giving just under 2 hours of star trails.
773160897_fae20200db_b.jpg

Now if only there was a way of preventing the batteries from dying after 2 hours.

Use film ;)

Most reactions

Back