SEO(Search Engine Optimization) - what has it done for you?

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I find our site turning out with Yahoo, Bing and Ask constantly within the first or second page withing certain keyword searches - words outside our business name. However with Google, being that it's so competitive and the most used search engine, I find our site in and out the first page of the search constantly. Being that we do our own SEO marketing and haven't hired a third party to perform it(it's pretty expensive, i've received quotes from others who charge between $600-$1200/month for small business and gaurantee first page placement). I've heard both sides, some say it's worth it some say it isn't worth it to hire.

My question is to those who use or have info regarding SEO, do you have any data or experience maintaining a first page placement with your keywords within the major search engines? Any significant advantages if any at all being that you're constantly on the first page, wether it maybe organic SEO, placement pages, or adsense?

What type of photography business? I imagine front page for say Dallas wedding photographers would be more important than if you shoot landscapes.

There are some good books you can read on the subject, and I may be leery of people who promise 1st page listings without quality content.

lol offcourse the keywords are going to be within the the relationship of our product which is wedding and portraits. We're all in the mercy of having material within our SEO rules as we don't want to get black listed especially by google...you know how their bots get.

But I have done plenty of research. Just wondering if there is information out there to be constantly be on the first page of google searches within the members of this forum. I know there will be an advantage to otheres and I've heard the flipside. But I think in order to be in first page constantly in google, the advantage of the market we have to hire someone to do it for us. Just too much work in order to maintain a first page placement. So I'm looking for ROI data... Organic searches vs adsense vs place page. Any input regarding the issue I'm curious to see.

Thanks space!

Some tools that might help your website SEO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been pretty lucky with my SEO keywording. I read a post on here last year and started doing his tips and Im consistently on the first page of google with a variety of keywords that include my hometown and the word photographer. I also blog and post content a lot and add the SEO to everyone post I do. Same keywords and combinations with the location and event I am writing about.

Thanks for the inputs Dee. Yeah we've been hitting the first page of Google however we're in and out as like most we try to do it the Organice way through keywords and its free. As Spacefuzz mentioned paying someone will not guarantee anything. We consistently score first page hits on MSN, Yahoo and ASK. Google though being that our location is competitive, first page hitters go in and out like fast food unless you have a established place page or paid adds. I'm wondering if these paid adds are even worth it sometimes as I've heard from a couple friends it gets them atleast a couple of full packaged weddings a year, I've also heard the latter.

Dee FYI check out IQphoto. These guys have the best SEO in my area. All I see is organic..nothing paid but he scores first page for almost every single keyword I type in our area.

I've been doing SEO (for a while, professionally) since about 2003. Being on the first page is much better than being on the second page. Even in crowded markets, you will find that it's relatively easy with enough time, money, and determination, to make top 10. It generally gets significantly harder to move up from there. There can be significant upside to investing in moving all the way up, however. Research has shown that the #1 spot gets a significant chunk of the traffic and #2 gets something like 30% fewer hits than #1 on average (if I'm remembering the stats correctly). I do not believe that it should cost $500-$600/month for a small service-oriented website, at least in terms of an SEO professional's time. It can, however, cost money to basically "buy" links to your site (actual link buying is kind of passé but there's not really a better way to describe it). I'd be happy to take a look at your site of you want.

Last edited:
I generally see Adwords and affiliate marketing as supplements to Organic SEO. This is all market-dependent, though. In a crowded market it will take more effort to maintain a good organic ranking, but Adwords and affiliate marketing will also cost significantly more than in an uncrowded market. Without actually analyzing the competition and your target keywords, it's impossible to determine which is the "better" or more cost-effective strategy.

I've been doing SEO (for a while, professionally) since about 2003. Being on the first page is much better than being on the second page. Even in crowded markets, you will find that it's relatively easy with enough time, money, and determination, to make top 10. It generally gets significantly harder to move up from there. There can be significant upside to investing in moving all the way up, however. Research has shown that the #1 spot gets a significant chunk of the traffic and #2 gets something like 30% fewer hits than #1 on average (if I'm remembering the stats correctly). I do not believe that it should cost $500-$600/month for a small service-oriented website, at least in terms of an SEO professional's time. It can, however, cost money to basically "buy" links to your site (actual link buying is kind of passé but there's not really a better way to describe it). I'd be happy to take a look at your site of you want.

Alpha that's where the question mark pops up for me. I guess the return on investment would be highly significant if you're on the top two. However, making page one might not mean much unless you make the top slot. Great inputs Alpha!

Btw for blogs, any inputs on blogger vs wordpress? I'm thinking of revamping to wordpress soon for the seo in one as the h1,h2 is included. I want to have the options as far as the templates that wordpress has. Personally I don't see an advantage to blogger any longer. Love to hear what you think since you do this for a living.

I am a wordpress fan because they have a long history of seo-oriented plugins for things like search engine-friendly url's. They also have a huge template design user base.

Hello,
I can help you with you Search Engine Optimization, and make your business rank no. 1.
just contact me on my address below if your interested.

Click4Corp
2600 K Avenue Suite 250
Plano, Texas 75074
469-441-HOST (4678)
214-260-6016 FAX
Click4Corp.com

Thanks,

Thanks for the inputs Dee. Yeah we've been hitting the first page of Google however we're in and out as like most we try to do it the Organice way through keywords and its free. As Spacefuzz mentioned paying someone will not guarantee anything. We consistently score first page hits on MSN, Yahoo and ASK. Google though being that our location is competitive, first page hitters go in and out like fast food unless you have a established place page or paid adds. I'm wondering if these paid adds are even worth it sometimes as I've heard from a couple friends it gets them atleast a couple of full packaged weddings a year, I've also heard the latter.

Dee FYI check out IQphoto. These guys have the best SEO in my area. All I see is organic..nothing paid but he scores first page for almost every single keyword I type in our area.

What keywords are you targeting?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back