September POTM Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK no more from CoastalConn. I think 5 in a month is plenty.
May be we should ask him to start taking a few average shots for a change :lmao:
I hope I'm not banned from posting any more this month in N&W :) Don't worry Raj, I have plenty of average shots, but they are all condemned to my hard drive to never be seen by another human. I really like the other shots that have been nominated and it will be a tough time voting for everyone, including me!

I think CoastalConn should be allowed to have as many nominations as he gets - each image is as deserving, and if we start to deny entry into these things, then it becomes a bit ... selective, y'know.

But anyhoo - there are plenty of awesome shots from other people, too :)

Just my 5c worth :)

I agree 100% with BrightByNature. If Coastalconn runs the board in a month, then he's as deserving as anyone else.

Yes, what they said.

Thanks for the Nom nom nom Raj :)

And I think the one you nominated belonging to Kris - is another of his insanely awesome shots. Suggesting a name of 'Blood Splatter'.

Maybe we should have the Regular monthly POTM competion, and then a monthly POTM: CoastalConn Edition. :allteeth: (What, no smiley with a Trophy?)

For the record, I also think ANYONE (not just Kris) should be allowed to be nominated any number of times in a month. If you're just that good, then why not?
For one thing--let's say a person gets five nominations for really great stuff--but then he/she posts THE photo, the one that just blows everything else out of the water, and 90% of TPF is in love with this photo. But, oh wait, it can't actually win POTM, because your other absolutely incredible, just not quite AS incredible photos are already there. Doesn't seem right.

At the very, very least: This should not be put in place for this month, but a statement should be added to the rules for the following months saying that no one person can be nominated more than X number of times in one month. In Kris' case, I would STILL have nominated the one I did, but there might be instances where I'd hold off if I thought the person might come up with something even better during the month (as has happened for me, with for instance Majeed's work. I see something stunning, and then something even more stunning, and then the Masterpiece).

The Penobscot Narrows--I Almost Died...

15096118290_3d2cfe6215_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back